Sunday, May 8, 2016

The Simple Contribution - GSoC 2016

Got a reply from the mongo community. Seems like I have to learn a lot about mapping document based databases to column based databases.

Yesterday something marvelous happened. My mentor asked me to do a commit. Actually he told me how to do it. First I couldn't even understand the issue, but somehow he explained it really well. I made the changes in my repo yesterday, today I  make the pull request. Lol, I should have done it yesterday, but I had doubts. Anyway Travis the bot is doing tests automatically. I don't have to worry about that. 😂 I think what I edited do not effect unit tests or integration tests but Jaehwa said that after testing with MariaDB server, he'll prepare to commit my patch.

Further I got an email from a student(Subashini Hariharan) who is doing her Masters. She wants to add Cassandra plugin for Tajo as her Master's project. I don't know whether it is enough for that but I think it's a great idea. I think it is possible and will be easier to do compared to the MongoDB. So I introduced her to my mentors.


Still I need to understand the storage module architecture. It can't be much complicated. I want understand how to map Mongo Collections to Tajo tables. Thing is that we don't have much time. So many assignments and submissions. I am going to go through Storage Module again today. That's it for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment